Sunday, February 13, 2011

Couch to 5K Program


Oh well, it only took me months to post this...

But here it is, a link to a great running program, similar to the one I started. Like copyright infringement similar. I highly recommend it and apologize for not posting it sooner.

Couch to 5K.

What I like about the couch to 5k program is that it`s simple. You can run for distance or for time. I like running for time, and, like running for distance, time-running has it`s drawbacks, but the drawbacks only become more evident as you get `better` at running. So enjoy the bliss of ignorance now new runners! Because basically running is a lot like deciding to be Sisyphus and push a giant boulder, that would be your ass, up a mountain over and over again.

Oh shoot. I`m doing it again. Making running sound bad or like torture. That`s only because my runs have been so hard lately. If it isn`t a flu, a virus or accidental lactose intolerance then it`s an IBS flareup, all of which makes running difficult. Complicating matters was a temporary loop of comparison and the voice in my head going into over-drive, demanding that I run 10k during IBS flareup so I didn`t lose my `race pace`.

But all of that is how not to run. How to run is a lot easier than I tell myself it is. Stick with an easy, gentle pace, go crazy when it feels good and stop when it hurts. That`s the best advice I can give to a new runner, and myself.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! That is a KILLER picture...super HAWT! I am gonna try this program and see if it can make me into a runner like you. I so love the idea of running but haven't been able to get over the feeling of burning lungs and impending vomit....here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete